Patient Knowledge Resource
Implant Supported Dentures
For patients who require a denture or are unsatisfied with their current conventional prostheses, Dr. James Chapko can provide implant supported dentures at our oral surgery practice.
Dental Implants are a natural choice to replace missing teeth.
Single & Multiple Tooth Implants
When you are missing one or more teeth, dental implants provide an ideal replacement mechanism. An implant is a safe, effective procedure that restores your smile quickly.
All-on-4 Dental Implants
For patients that have lost all of their teeth on the upper or lower arch or will soon be, All-on-4 “Teeth in a Day” treatment is an excellent option. This remarkable procedure has you smiling the same day of your appointment.
Implant Supported Dentures
Dental Implants can even make removable dentures more comfortable, effective and healthier to wear. For patients that require a denture, implant supported dentures are preferred by many patients.
Restore your smile with implant supported dentures.
If you have lost or had extracted most or all of your teeth, full dentures can help you regain your ability to speak, eat, and smile with confidence. Unfortunately, traditional dentures, which simply rest atop the gums, are often uncomfortable, unsightly, and unhealthy. Implant supported dentures are preferred by many people. To find out more about this treatment option or learn if it may be suitable for you, contact Chapko and Shah Modern Dentistry today.
You may qualify for implant supported dentures if you:
- Currently have a conventional denture and are displeased with its appearance, function, or fit.
- Are missing a large portion or the entirety of your teeth.
- Do not currently suffer from tooth decay or gum disease. Dr. Chapko can help you treat these conditions before beginning the implant placement and restoration process.
- Have sufficient bone tissue to hold dental implants. If you do not, Dr. Chapko can perform bone grafting procedures such as a sinus lift or ridge augmentation.
- Are in good general health, without any cardiovascular disease, immune system disorders, or other conditions that could compromise your healing.
At your initial consultation, Dr. Chapko will assess your mouth, review your medical records, and discuss your concerns with you to determine if you are a good candidate for implant supported dentures.
Benefits of Implant Supported Dentures
Implant supported dentures provide many advantages over conventional dentures. These include:
- A more snug, comfortable fit
- Improved bone health
- Better stability, since they cannot shift as easily
- Enhanced confidence and self-esteem
- A more attractive appearance
- Easier speaking
- More comfortable chewing and fewer food restrictions
- Limited or no clicking sounds, as is often the case with traditional dentures
Advanced implant-retained prostheses can improve appearance, oral health, and quality of life.
If you lack adequate jawbone tissue for dental implants, Dr. Chapko will begin the process by performing bone grafting, ridge augmentation, or a sinus lift. If you require this type of procedure, you will need to wait for your new bone to heal before the placement procedure. Once you are ready for dental implants, Dr. Chapko will make incisions into your gums and insert the appropriate number of titanium posts at strategic angles into your jawbone. To complete the procedure, he will close these incisions with sutures and clean them. Next, you will need to heal for several months while the implants integrate with the bone. You may wear a temporary denture during this period. At your last appointment, Dr. Chapko will place your chosen style of abutment over your implants and affix your custom made prosthesis. Although bone does not have nerves, gum tissue does. Dr. Chapko uses optimal anesthetic and sedation techniques to ensure you are comfortable throughout surgical procedures.